Words mean a great deal to me, the Word of God being the most important of all. When it feels like the Lord gives me a word of inspiration, many times it is just that, a word. As I sat in church last week listening to Pastor preach about increasing our faith and commitment during our 40 Days of Fire revival, the word "Tenacious" came to mind. Though I've used this word in many ways, I immediately I jotted it down to look up the official meaning.
1. holding fast; characterized by keeping a firm hold (often fol. by of ): a tenacious grip on my arm; tenacious of old habits.
2. highly retentive: a tenacious memory.
3. pertinacious, persistent, stubborn, or obstinate.
4. adhesive or sticky; viscous or glutinous.
5. holding together; cohesive; not easily pulled asunder; tough.
And then I saw on #3 the word PERTINACIOUS. On the hunt again...
1. holding tenaciously to a purpose, course of action, or opinion; resolute.
That is it! So clearly, I could see how God was redirecting my attention to THE PURPOSE of all that I do. So many times, the discouragements of the day or the frustrations of family life can leave us feeling like we should be doing something else or that we have gotten ourselves wrapped up in stuff that has led us away from what is our true purpose. He was telling me loud and clear that I need to "Hold tenaciously to a purpose"...not just any purpose, but His purpose for my life, as one of his daughters, a wife, a mother, a business person as a tool in His hand for the greater good of all creation...
Post a Comment